Tuesday 9 November 2010

ray ceaser


<
http://www.raycaesar.com/

this response captured me
ray ceaser
Q: What are your sources of inspiration?
I try to look twice at the things people don’t notice. Sometimes on a noisy and busy downtown street I see things that people walk past. An old bookstore with a radiator from the 1890s, the floor from the 1970s in an old rundown hair salon, an old doorway to a rooming house, and I see the past in that doorway and feel all the people who have walked inside and out. I am reminded that doorway will soon be gone without a single person noticing and a Fido cell phone store will be put in its place…so I like to notice those things. I find a lot going on behind the main event….like turning a rock upside down in a garden and seeing the city of life that lives underneath.
i foned tis artis to day whoch isperfec becues hes abstact mixure of aline life form an histoic consume with in his art work is excaly wht i whatsed to acive with in one of my desines



from this image i am inspired by the selective colour and how the destorton of the human form playes on the steryopical imager of what we np to be alien creting a suttel and encharntic image

in this image ceaser is playing with the irony of how perfection is portrayed with in classical portates ,
for my desines main carcters will be masked as the will actual be analins trying to kepp identiy secret and as all imtations thigs are not always repoduced exacly and the hairy sholders of the subject in the above image would had this perfect isdrection and to my pice if translated propers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mirriam
    That's an astute observation - being ironic about how perfection is portrayed in classical portraiture. There is a certain kind of genre emerging here, when these images are taken with the cold allure of the female protagonist in 'Audition' - this kind of 'ice queen' reminds me very strongly of a demonic female being in another Japanese film, Kurosawa's 'Dreams' (episode 'The Blizzard' 0 the film consists of several short films). You can watch it here -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teK1v5sRsyI (this is the first 10 minutes, the rest follows in parts 2 and 3 - if you see what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the link that was beautiful

    ReplyDelete